The University of Lagos has announced the inauguration of a committee of students to review the April, 2016 protest.
The committee which was constituted by the Student Affairs Division and approved by the Vice- Chancellor was inaugurated on the 9th of September 2016.
The terms of reference of the committee are to:
- Review the remote and immediate causes of the April 6, 7, 8, 2016 students protest
- Suggest the way (s) to prevent such ugly incidence.
- Proffer solution on the way forward in students unionism in University of Lagos
- Make suggestions for a harmonious relationship between the Students and the University Management in general
The following are members of the committee:
- Afolayan Oludolapo – Arts/French
- Olumide Oludera – Business Administration/IRPM
- Ogundana Olayinka Charles – College of Medicine
- Oboh Odion Eunice – Education/Guidance and cunselling
- Awosemo Akinlolu – Engineering/Surveying &Geoinformatics
- Opeloyeru Ayodeji – Environmental Science/Quantity Surveying
- Akinsanya Olanrewaju A. – Law
- Azabi Ehigiator Emmanuel – Pharmacy
- Oluwayemi Samuel – Science/Computer Science
- Fagun Olufemi Daniel – Social sciences/Political Science
- Ololade Kolejo – Representative, Kegite Club
- Adeniji Oluwafemi – Representative, Press Club
- Nurain Ojubanire M. – Representative, Muslim Students Society of Nigeria (MSSN)
- Adeyolanu Martins – Representative, UNILAG Joint Christian Fellowship (UJCF)
The committee has selected as its Chairman – Ogundana Olayinka Charles, General Secretary – Adeniji Oluwafemi and the Public Relations Officer – Afolayan Oludolapo.
The committee is expected to submit their report within eight (8) weeks from the day of inauguration.