- The Faculty of Social sciences, University of Lagos as a tradition of holding a debate tournament every year, has concluded plans to hold this year intra faculty debate tournament.The faculty is set to hold the 3 days tournament debate between the 5th of June and 7th of June 2017.
The tournament will cut across all the 7 departments of the faculty, which are; Department of Economics, Geography, Mass Communication, Political Sciences, Psychology, Sociology and Social work.
According to information gathered by our correspondence, the debate tournament will strictly adopt the British Parliamentary style. It was also gathered that students of the faculty are also anticipating this year’s tournament noting that the executives are working tirelessly to make this year’s debate tournament a success.
Speaking to Umar Oladeji,a student of the faculty, he stressed that students of the Faculty are intellectuals and sometimes needs to engage in an intellectual battle hence the need for the much anticipated debate. He also added that the faculty has a tradition of excellence when it comes to debating activities at the University level citing that the faculty had produce more winners at the University level more than any other faculty in the university.
- Nigerian graduates are very much able to succeed in and outside the country, and indeed all over the world — EOE; Overall Best Graduating Student, UNILAG
- University Of Lagos Fix New Date For 2021/2022 Matriculation Ceremony
- Students from other faculties are made to think that Faculty of Education is not prestigious — Erioluwa B.A.; B.ED. GRADUATE
- Femi Gbajabiamila: Sec. School Certificate Too Low For Public Office, We Need to Change
- UNILAG Vice-Chancellor: All Semester Exams Will Occur After NUGA
- UNILAG Postpone Matriculation Ceremony
- 238 Students Bagged First Class as UNILAG Set for 52nd Convocation Ceremonies
- UNILAG Reinstate Student Activist Femi Adeyeye
- ASUU Says FG’s N52.5bn Payment is not Enough, Strike to Come Soon
- Student: Police Scammed Us N405,000 While Falsely Accusing Us of Being Cult Members