- The Faculty of Social sciences, University of Lagos as a tradition of holding a debate tournament every year, has concluded plans to hold this year intra faculty debate tournament.The faculty is set to hold the 3 days tournament debate between the 5th of June and 7th of June 2017.
The tournament will cut across all the 7 departments of the faculty, which are; Department of Economics, Geography, Mass Communication, Political Sciences, Psychology, Sociology and Social work.
According to information gathered by our correspondence, the debate tournament will strictly adopt the British Parliamentary style. It was also gathered that students of the faculty are also anticipating this year’s tournament noting that the executives are working tirelessly to make this year’s debate tournament a success.
Speaking to Umar Oladeji,a student of the faculty, he stressed that students of the Faculty are intellectuals and sometimes needs to engage in an intellectual battle hence the need for the much anticipated debate. He also added that the faculty has a tradition of excellence when it comes to debating activities at the University level citing that the faculty had produce more winners at the University level more than any other faculty in the university.
- FG Approves 35% Salary Increase for Professors, 25% for Junior Lecturers
- UNILAG Enforces New Faculties and Departments Fees at N1000 and N2000
- NANS Condemns Repression of Student Protest at UNILAG, Vows to Continue
- UNILAG Students Halt Protest, Issue 48-Hour Ultimatum for Fee Reversal
- ASUU Demands Urgent Settlements of Unpaid 8 Months Salaries
- Top 10 Unforgettable Moments from the World Athletics Championships 2022
- UNILAG Management Reaffirms Measures to Alleviate Fee Hike Impact with UNILAG Parents Forum
- Student Delegation Meets with UNILAG Management On Fee Hike
- NANS Demands Reversal of UNILAG Fees Hike
- NANS Condemns Planned Increment of School Fees, Threatens National Protest