Elections into executive positions at faculty, and departmental level have been scheduled to hold on the 9th of August 2017.
According to the timetable released by the student Affairs Division, and signed by the Dean of Student Affairs, Prof. Ademola Adeleke, the elections will be by E-voting and will be conducted the same day between 9-2pm.
Manifestoes are to be held on the 8th of August and can also be included as part of the activities of the faculty week.
Below is the electoral guideline as released by the student Affairs Division:
Eligibility of Candidates
- i) Candidates must have completed one full academic session in the University.
- ii) Candidates for election should possess good leadership qualities, with established past record of good behaviour .
. .jii) Must be on good academic standing with a CGPA which must not be less than 3.0.
- iv) Must not have a carryover pending as at the end of first semester of 2016/2017 academic session. In the case of College of Medicine, a candidate must have no reference pending and must not be repeating the present class.
- A candidate found guilty of misconduct by the University Management shall be disqualified from running for an elective post even after the election.
- Any student discovered to have given wrong information will be disqualified and if elected, shall be removed to face disciplinary panel while the runner-up will be declared winner.
- Students who have matriculated in other post-secondary higher institution other than the University
of Lagos are no eligible for any position either as member of electoral committee or
contestant/candidate for any position.
10 All nomination forms received by the Electoral Committee shall be forwarded to DSA for final screening and approval through the Faculty Sub Dean/Staff Adviser.
11 Complaints arising from the election should be directed to the Dean, Student Affairs through Sub-Dean/Staff Adviser.
12 Only Registered Students are eligible to vote and to be voted for.
13 List of contestants shall be displayed at the Faculty Election icon on the University Website
not later than 24 hours before election.
- Each voter shall be entitled to cast a vote for each office to be filled.
- There shall be no voting by proxy.
- No candidate shall hold two elective positions in the same academic year in the University.
- The winner of the election shall be determined by simple majority of the votes cast. Where there is tie, a re-run shall be conducted within 48 hours.
18 The results of the election shall be duly endorsed by the DSA, Director, CITS, or his representatives,
DCSO, Staff Adviser, Chairmen of Electoral Committees, the Agents of the Candidates.
- Election Results shall be displayed on the University website to be available to all voters
- The Dean of student Affairs Division shall set up an Election Petitions Committee
- Where a candidate(s) has/have any complaint(s) against the conduct of any election, such
complaint shall be communicated in writing to the Election Petitions Committee, set up by the
Dean of Student Affairs, for adjudication within 24 hours after the results of election had been released.
- No candidate shall be deemed to ‘have been duly elected until any petition(s) pending for such an office had been finally disposed of.
- The Sub-Dean Staff Advisers have the responsibility of informing the Dean, Student Affairs Division of any defaulter of the Election Guidelines.
- ANY ELECTION CONDUCTED WITHOUT THE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE DEAN
OF STUDENT AFFAIRS DIVISION SHALL BE NULL AND VOID.