- The Faculty of Social sciences, University of Lagos as a tradition of holding a debate tournament every year, has concluded plans to hold this year intra faculty debate tournament.The faculty is set to hold the 3 days tournament debate between the 5th of June and 7th of June 2017.
The tournament will cut across all the 7 departments of the faculty, which are; Department of Economics, Geography, Mass Communication, Political Sciences, Psychology, Sociology and Social work.
According to information gathered by our correspondence, the debate tournament will strictly adopt the British Parliamentary style. It was also gathered that students of the faculty are also anticipating this year’s tournament noting that the executives are working tirelessly to make this year’s debate tournament a success.
Speaking to Umar Oladeji,a student of the faculty, he stressed that students of the Faculty are intellectuals and sometimes needs to engage in an intellectual battle hence the need for the much anticipated debate. He also added that the faculty has a tradition of excellence when it comes to debating activities at the University level citing that the faculty had produce more winners at the University level more than any other faculty in the university.
- Social Work Student In Unilag Slumps and Dies
- The State of Nations
- Making Health Care More Accessible; AMSUL Ishaga Reachout
- UNILAG Reopen Students Portal For GST Continuous Assessment
- The Professor Ayodele Awojobi Design Competition (PAADC 6.0) Grand Finale Is Set to Take Place in Grand Style
- Are you bored?
- University of Lagos Announces Resumption Of Academic Activities
- ASUU Suspends 8-month-old Strike
- Professor Folasade Ogunsola Emerges First Female UNILAG VC in 60 Years
- UNILAG Governing Council Shortlists 7 Professors For VC Post